For inquiries or to reserve your spot, Stop in or Call Salty Sea Studios 609-264-5926
Hosted by Salty Sea Studios at their off-studio Brigantine lagoon front location to be advised upon reservation of your spot
- Come learn about indigo, an ancient dye that has been in continuous use for millennia.
- Participants will learn about creating a plant based indigo vat for home use without the use of harsh chemicals and design simple resist patterns using the ancient Japanese method of Shibori with a cotton scarf which they each will dye in the indigo vat and take home!
- All supplies provided including rubber gloves and one cotton scarf (15”x60”)
- Attendees are encouraged to bring one small item to dye such as a tee, pillow case or socks: 100% cotton works best, wash prior to dyeing to insure even dyeing
· **PLEASE-no bulky items such as blankets and towels will be allowed due to limited size of the indigo vat
- Wear clothes and shoes you won’t mind getting stained blue!
- Rain or Shine
- Cost is $65 pp. Payment required to reserve spot. Stop in or call Salty Sea Studios @609-264-5926
- No refunds.